Monday, June 6, 2011

Soliciting book or review article recommendations

I am interested in reading good books or review articles on two particular topics, and I'm hoping that by "crowd-sourcing" to my readership, I might do better than wandering through the literature.  First, I want to find an authoritative discussion of the physics behind the electrochemical potentials of battery materials - not the lore of decades of electrochemistry, but a real hashing out of the physics.  Second, I would like to find a thorough, authoritative discussion of the physics behind catalysis.  Again, I'm not interested in handwaves and parametrized empirical knowledge, but would prefer a physics-based discussion that explains, e.g., why Pd is good at splitting H2, while Ti is not.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, "Sign Up" Here and Get Free Safety Module